Wednesday, February 13, 2008

To my Dearest Diary (on my 20th birthday @ midnight)

This is an extract from my personal diary written by me when i had just turned 20... This para is so dear to me,and the moment so precious, that it makes the 2006 diary one of my most treasured posessions :)
Dearest Diary, Study Room, 24:00
I have learnt so much through the years. For so long, I held tightly to the kind of person I thought I ought to be. As I grew older, I managed to loosen my grasp on trying to be perfect in every way. I realised that it is more important to be human than to be perfect. And when I opened my hands to find the kind of person I have become, I realized that I am better than perfect because I am real.
Its a cold november night. The wind has brought me back myself. Its been 20 long years. And its my birthday today. So im gonna go ahead and celebrate the person I am, cos I know, that those who love me will be celebrating too....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That cold black cloud is comin' down.... Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door..

1 comment:

Imperfectionist said...

cool...we'll celebrate you again this november...i missed the last time:P