Monday, November 24, 2008

The Thanks..


When I give it my all, but theres no victroy
I stumble, i fall, i dont succeed
I dont get what i deserve, nor what i need
I become what i cant be...

Hope gives way, i lose the race
Gone another day, gone my grit my grace
Reality checks in, dreams replace
I become what i cant be...

And Then you shine like golden glaze
Light my path through this maze
And one day i'll repay, make you proud.... you'll see :)

I try enough to not lose hope
It seems tough but i try to cope
But when i see the end, i just let it go
I become what i cant be...

And Then you shine like golden glaze
Light my path through this maze
And one day i'll repay, make you proud.... you'll see :)


Twenty-two years of being Abhilasha Dafria...I turn back and smile at all that i have achieved, lost, achieved and lost...If theres anything more important than rerunning the key moments of life till date, is showing gratitude.To those who made this life worthwhile.To those who still make it.To those who walked in.To those who stayed.
To foes who, enkindled enough revenge in me to channelise this feeling in a healthy way.I raised my bar to put you down.Thanks.
Thanks to friends.
the fights, laughs, gossips, meaningful chats, meaningless phonecalls, soccer talks, late evening walks, dancing the night away, headbanging on long drives, guitaring and forming our own band, excitement fading off within a week,"kuch interesting karte hain" profound ideas,"im so fucking dead" consequences, laughing when in trouble, crying when happy, happy hugs, comforting hugs, gay-hugs :P, helping set them up, blaming their partners for breakups, bitching about others, abusing these "others" we dont even know,latest crushes, "Guess what?" text messaging, "balance low hai" missedcalls...joining wasted hobby classes, telling parents how contructive these classes are, convincing interviewers how impressive it makes our resume, warning not to laugh during vivas, photocopying notes, leaking university papers, creating own papers and circulating them in name of leaking :P, "yaar mereliye pray kar plz" requests, "proxy mar" orders, sharing nailpaints, patiently waiting outside the trial room,coffee shops, impatiently awaiting bday "surprises",movies-hits and flops, pen drives, long long drives, "brb"s, ">:D<"s, unexpected compliments, being THE critque, setting the alarm to just wake them up,"abbe tera exam hai, uth!" wise-words, "screw it man, i dont care" declarative statements,creating chaos, lying on the terrace, gazing at the moon, discussing philosophical issues, dreams unlimited, feeling useless, yet accompanied...

Thanks.

THE Sunny Katyal-- for being the best of best friends.

Tanvi Verma-- for taking time outta her busy MBBS schedule and hearing me out, like a true bestfriend, till 4.30 am in the morning.Her roomies hate me for this, but thanks for telling me what to do when Im stuck-up.

Rita (reedz) --- for being rock steady supporter and bestfriend...and an everyday character in my last 5 years..your last bday card, i still hold dear to me :)

Jinal(jelly)---for being my daily reminder of all the good things in life

Gaurav (gogo/bhogs)--- for being my favourite!for calling me "daffy duck" ( i like!).. :D for being my partner in crime, in all unpalatable activities, and nonsense talking...thanks for accompanying me regularly to siddhivinayak. God will forgive us. I know :P

Rohan(ronny)--- for being highly useless and entertaining... for being driver to most memorable drives... for being an inevitable character of my blog and my life (you can be hated but not avoided!) thanks for all the fun, fights and fast cars :D

Zubin-- for being my favorite overseas friend :P... thanks for being a patient listener, a humourous blogger, an intelligent being ( you fucking topped mumbai university in hsc :O!!), and for being online, always :|

Karan-- for being a handsome hunk (i get to make women jealous :P), a sensible conversationalist, for confiding in me and taking my words seriously, for just being there and for lending me sabira merchants book :P

Megha(meggy)--for being a complete sweetheart, highly helpful, for living in J&K !!(whoa!:O) and mainly for being my reason to sign in gchat every night :D

Tousif--- for getting your leg pulled (dont ask what that means :|) for searching google frantically the meaning of "ttyl", "aing?", "whoa", "haila!", "omg" and alikes...for being geniune and nice... we will be famous soon, u know why, u know how :)

Gaurav(Juwe)-- for being my only soccer+guitar+hollywood frnd...thanks for sharing common interests, at that, you being a man-utd fan is excused... for bhogale jokes, for bhogale-is-gay jokes, for "lmao@bhogale" happiness.

Shoo-weta-- for " hi Abby". its "aby" :|.. for being sweet, nice..and for being friends forever :) (also for taking ronny's case)

Kartik-- for being my yo-yo frnd... for being the king of one-liners... for patiently putting up with my gibberish talks :P

Naresh (kudva)--- for lifestyle-changing status msgs... :|

Amit--- for chacha jokes...lololololol...for poking fun at everyone else, especially *cough**cough*...for fwding chat logs and making gmail more useful :D

Vidya--- for making chhedanagar more of a "neighbourhood"...for making me animal friendly :P...for fun and frolic AND for sandy! :D

Satish: for all the help whenevr needed...and for the guitar gyaan :D

Krishnan(KV)-- for Bengay!! lol! for once in 15 days international phonecall... for making me ":D" all the time..

Karishma(kari)--- for making nostalgia woth it :)

many others i thank, everyone on my orkut/facebook/messenger list for "being there" :P

The others-- for the attention. i love it really :P

Arun sir-- for meenaxi mam :) for playing morpheus to the neo in me and for making mathematics fun (my neighbour got a new car with the no. 5040 and i said:Whoa! thats 7!(seven factorial) :O my neighbours are still in state of shock)

teachers in school, mrs. vaidyanathan, mrs. makujina, others in school...thanks for being a part of the best days of my life..

Makers of good Hollywood flicks, thank you for keeping me entertained and seldom disappointed. i have developed a new hobby of posing infornt of the movie poster and getting clicked as also, collecting movie tickets :)

Authors of good novels, thank you for keeping me intrigued. although i have a good list of best friends,books will always remain my sensible best friends.

My tennis coach, guitar sir, yoga mam for the partiality :P i like being your favourite!

Arsenal--for teaching me that ppl love you for who you are, not for what you achieve..

Cousins/relatives-- for pampering me no end..

ME-- for being my bestfriend in solitude

Mom-dad for reasons i cant list...

My brother Abhishek for being the best child to my parents...(it takes load off my shoulders :P)... for being a role model...a constant source of inspiration and the reason i want to be..

GOD. for it all

Everyone for everything

YOU. for reading my blog :)


It may seem that turning 22 is like winning an oscar for me :P but all i want to say is, one day when i really do, i will remember you all and i know you;ll be proud of me....:)


And Then you shine like golden glaze
Light my path through this maze
And one day i'll repay, make you proud.... you'll see :)

4 comments:

megha said...

2day finally got 2 c d true soft nd warm side of urs.. i dn kno ur othr frnz but haan wat u rote abt tousif nd amit was real fun."for getting your leg pulled (dont ask what that means :|)" nd ya d chacha jokes lol.. nd yeah u ve turned 22 nw so nw tht means just lil tym left 4 u 2 b famous..waiting 4 tht tym ur lyf :)

Rohan said...

Yappy birthday to 'AABY':P:P..!!

Twinke Twinkle Lamba Star!
Banega famous kab tu mere yaar..!
Ghar ke bahar lightning so high,
Like diwali in the sky!!

Make us proud!!!!
Cheers..!!

kautuk Bhanji said...

Arsenal--for teaching me that ppl love you for who you are, not for what you achieve..


Thank you for the quote. And vice versa, some of us appreciate that part of Arsenal because we know the value of achieveing things the way You want them to be done. Picky people :p

A belated happy birthday to you :)

Unknown said...

"Hiee ABBY" is that all you know about me ? In the past 3 years ? :-(


Katti !!!!