Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Lost Soul

Ok. So, I made this poem in the college Library yesterday on the guidelines of my beloved friend Akanksha who was throwing literature jargon at me dissecting it into stresses, unstresses, beats, vowels, and exactly-what? stuff :D Its ironical, because whenever we read this Akansksha, we are going to be laughing at it, killing the bloody essence :D



What if there was nothing beyond this sorrow,
What if this moment never died?
How many tears could she borrow?
How many diaries would she write?

What if she lied on the crimsoned carpet,
With bleeding wrists and stained knives?
Losing the belief she last lived with
In a Hero who never arrives?

What if her trust was all misplaced,
Was it sin enough for her to die?
And could death redeem the soul disgraced?
How I wish, she wasnt I.

In the shadows of my darkness,
Who Am I?
In the lost directions of being aimless,
Where Am I?






-----------------------------------------
Hassake hum, aise mauke kum diye.... Zindagi ne Zindagi bhar gum diye... : (-The Train)

6 comments:

Rohan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rohan said...

You as a poet has talent,
but to be or not to be is the eternal question :/
okay j/k

You are in chembur and this poem is brilliant.

Hero will arrive soon :) Der aaye better. faster, stronger aaye :)

Anonymous said...

Like i always wanted!
Me being highlighted on ur blog.

The Ink in My Veins... said...

Ironical statement for someone anonymous, aku :P

Beyond said...

a beautiful poem

Maverick said...

1st time at your blog...stumbled across your spot through Rohan's profile.

Your writing exudes a depth and an alluring darkness, something that I seek in reads...wonderfully crafted with a rhyme scheme to die for...!

liked it! am gonna follow your blog.