Friday, August 19, 2011

Media et Me

This has to be a very random update, but I hope it merits the myriad of emotions I'm undergoing- despite Wenger's relentless efforts to make me want to stab myself in the stomach with the kitchen knife as hard as I can. Honestly, I have never been so gutted before a season as this. I sometimes see Arsenal turning into a Newcastle or worse. I am living under the mortal terror of seeing myself through this season... dreading every weekend :( Its like, omg, weekend hai. Arsenal ka match dekhna padega What the :-|

But good things find their way in, when football defeats every reason for me to be happy- and for that, my good lord, I am grateful. Ofcourse, when I received my visa for my Aussie trip- my worries lied with how sucky my last vivas were. This was my last German exam, and if there was anything I wanted then, it was pulling off a 'Gut' i.e 80% and above.
Two days before I left my friend smsed to congratulate me and she said only two in our class got a Gut, me being one with 81.5%. Happy I was, and how :)

What the Melbourne journey held for me- my first international jouney with my best friend Reedz...and 15 days with my best friends Shweta and Srini really honours a separate post. Which I will compose and upload soon, once im out of the jet lag :) But whilst I was there, on a random weekday after having dinner I decided to facebook a little, when I found myself tagged in a photo by the author of the national best-seller "Oops! I fell in love"

Curious, I checked, to see this:




Really, ‎...before I achieve my dream of being a published author- I see my name in print :) I wouldn't know what I've done to deserve this, but to have your name acknowledged in the friggin' sequel to a NATIONAL BESTSELLER, is a very big deal. Still can't stop smiling, and I hope and pray the book does really well, since it has my name in it :P Besides the fact that this continues to inspire me! :)


Now that I see myself in print- and since I've already seen myself in newspapers(read check) and radio (hear check) when I covered ManUtd vs Barca UCL Finals for mumbai live on 93.5 Red FM ...ofcourse! How can I forget this- So I was flying singapore to Melbourne, when I decided to fiddle with the e-media in the aircraft- and moved from watching Thor to e-learning section, where they taught languages. Just to find out, that the french e-learning bit was the goddamn one I had composed! :) so it was certainly a HIGH to hear my voice on the earphones of an international aircraft :)
And it really is time, I made it to TV (see- not yet check) :P
Until then, ofcourse, I can watch Shweta sizzling in her shorts and me dancing in, what Akanksha politely calls, my 'radium' denims :facepalm: , on my 3D Home-theatre and assume I made it to all modes of media :D






Oh but then again, The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers is something the big-screen has to handle. So maybe I must wait. 300 's director is working on Superman. Life has so much to look forward to. More fame can wait. But not too long please, I like being cool :-)





-------------------------------------------------------------
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.(-Wiseman, Sucker Punch)

2 comments:

aliasghar said...

showoff!!! just like the rest of us :)

Shweta Raghavan said...

I'm so proud of you, my best best friend :) The day when top magazines will line up outside your house to make you write for them, is not far away :D :D