Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Torn

You live a million lives
in the one life you live
And breathe a billion breaths
In the one breath you take

But since you were a child 
You had this one dream for sure
That you believed in not just for a while
But one that forever stayed pure

Until time turned the wheel of fate
 And God came in like a man
who broke and tore your one little dream 
Taking away all that He can

When He squashed your faith
ripped you off your trust
Unwavered by how you felt
Laughed He have must

Just once did you take a leap of faith
When you were always so alerted
Then Why did God burn the soul
Of the child He once protected?

Now every night whom do you cry to
For God has far left your side
Now how do you think will you end this
life, you once lived with pride?

But now your dream has died
Though you have to continue to pretend
and live yet another life, in this life
and friggin' breathe till the friggin' end...






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the end...Hold your breath and count to ten….Feel the Earth move, and then hear my heart burst again- (Skyfall)

7 comments:

palak said...

Dreams dont die,they come and go
Forget not thee, life will still cling to you,
Exhale all you have it within, because
theres another sunrise waiting for you.


You write beautifully abby!I am a fan

Unknown said...

Hi Abhilasha,

Me a big fan of your work... you can really do magic with words and I feel Im hearing my soul speak when i read you. I think you are really talented and one of the best bloggers around... please dont stop blogging...i love your blog...and you dont know me but you are my role model :)

keep writing...you rock girl!

Unknown said...

Unbelievably good. I can relate to it in so many ways. Its almost as if someone read my mind and put my thoughts in to creating something very special. Loved it.

The only blog I read !

100 rang said...

From my own experience, I can say that Dreams end either bcoz they were not reframed (read treated) in time or bcoz they have lived their life and now u need new ones to move ahead. He does whatever he can to get us in touch with reality.
Now or later, u will agree.
and Change is life, my dear.... go get new ones :)

the New Venom said...

I wonder how much irony you write with... whether or not you truly think God has abandoned you and so forth. I'm always tempted to write things like this similar to you all the while knowing that God must be good and on our side. I wonder if I am being insincere and hypocritical by doing so but part of me wants to see my negatives fleshed out in writing, to make the awful beautiful in contemplation.

Oxyjain said...

Of what use is a dream that isn’t fragile,
Susceptible to vagaries, good or vile?

It is only when one has as delicate a dream as yours was,
That they strive to protect it at all costs.

Why accuse God of being the dream-slayer,
Doesn’t He exist in multiple forms-the creator, preserver and the destroyer?
It was but He that gave you the beautiful mind with which to dream the dream,
And it will be but He that makes you aspire for a more wondrous dream,
One that gives you a new zeal in life, it will soon seem.

I too have had many a dream broken apart,
I too have had to mend my heart.

But trust me, there’ll be a new morn that beseeches you,
This is but what He teaches you.

Unknown said...

Hello guys, I am new to this 'blog' concept so kindly bear with me. After reading this article and some of the comments, I do not agree completely with you guys. I believe that if you Dream of doing something or being someone, then nothing should keep you away from it, it shouldn't matter if your personal environment does not support/aid in achieving your dream. You have to be focussed, dedicated, and channel all your energy in achieving it no matter who or what comes in your way. These are just my thoughts, no offence meant to anyone. Thanks