Wednesday, June 11, 2008

May be I have Self doubts, May be I dont...

(so it was pouring heavily yesterday and i watched with excitement and craving eyes, few young boys play football on a nearby ground @kj sommaiya, as i waited for my frnd to pick me up...i saw them getting drenched, splashing muddy water, fighting, screaming...whoa!! it was awesome!!...my true love for the game (and also since few of them were playing real lousy soccer) made me think, MAYBE i should go and ask if they'd allow me to play with them...ofcourse,the better sense prevailed and realising that being the only girl around, not knowing at all who those hooligans were ,Maybe it was not such a great idea...anyway, in a couple of minutes my frnd was there and i stepped into her car forgetting the urge/desire/want to play the game...what i did not forget was the "maybe-maybe not" dilemma...i pondered.. what if all the things abt myself that i took as axioms in life...all that i knew i was...was hypothetical and unreal? All the things i say with a sense of certainty, maybe, just maybe, are a figment of my imagination....well,i came up with this on my drive back home,read on...)

Maybe, I dont need a friend
Maybe, I am strong and tough
Maybe, it'll be just me in the end
Maybe, having just me would be good enough

Maybe, the king laugh i just fake,
Maybe, I am very dejected
Maybe, its all for the ego's sake
Maybe, I am the one rejected

Maybe, I just act to be pretty and more,
Maybe, the effects never had a cause
Maybe, I'm not the queen-bee anymore
Maybe, I never-ever was.

Maybe, I'm not an intellcetual girl,
Maybe, I'm not even street-smart
Maybe, my guitar hates my curl,
Maybe, I'll never learn the art

Maybe, I dont have almond eyes,
Maybe, I just thought i do
Maybe, it was just a pair of lies
Mirror to me, me to you

Maybe, these praises they all simply tell,
Maybe, they are just guarded
Maybe, they know me really well
Maybe, I'm retarded.




------------------------------------------------------------
cos maybe, you are gonna be the one that saves me...and afterall, you are my wonderwall...-Oasis

5 comments:

Unknown said...

niceeee mannn....no need to have such self doubts but...u were, are, will always be the queen be!! smart, intelligent, talented, famous and ofcourse ms.sexy eyes!! :)

Gaurav Bhogale said...

Maybe you are retarded..(maybe??! :P)

Jolly good post aby! Thou art gettin betterer and betterer :D

Rohan said...

In kareena kapoors words..
'Kaha tha na...KOI DOUBT MAT RAKHNA'..lol..!!
Maybe, I just act to be pretty and more,
You are pretty to the core,
Outer as well as inner,
And that is what is called beautiful after all :)

Kartik Menon said...

okay..seriously loved the poem..it sounds like an old country number with just a guitar being caressed in the background and a husky voice crooning the words....or even like the "everyone must use sunscreen" song...kudos

Imperfectionist said...

"mirror to me, me to you" i loved this..:) ...makes the reading worth it!!!