Sunday, June 22, 2008

What I Seek....

I seek not an indigent spouse,
His kisses would feel so cajoled
Too lavish for my values, a palatial house,
I seek no man in gold.

I seek not respect in your eyes,
Wont matter if you dont have any
A forlorn attempt at being pound wise,
I seek no penny.

I seek not any friends for life,
My foes have taught me prudence
My friends always stood by my righteous side,
I seek no vengeance.

I seek not a long life ahead,
The years now seem waste of breath
A waste of breath the years i've lived,
I seek no death.

I seek not tear-filled nights,
I feel strugle, strain, i feel hopeless
And then i see my family's demulcent smile,
I seek no other happiness.

So Why I seek? and Seek I What?
the question questions itself
A question found, an identity lost,
In the end I seek- MYSELF.

5 comments:

Shweta Raghavan said...

There is an Aby within this strong Aby who's extremely soft and vulnerable. Your poems bring out that side of yours so well....

Really !

Rohan said...

You seek yourself,
you shall find yourself,
Lessons galore,
Challenges at large,
And 'THIS MEANS WAR' on the ipod :)

jo said...

always a fan of ur words:)

CRD said...

lovely thought..ultimately everything we desire lies within ourselves :)

Sunaina said...

whoever you are, you're a very insightful poet, I ust say.